Thursday, October 29, 2009

I'll Listen

Lately, I have been faced with friends having troubles with their own marriages. Some having third parties, and some just having a hard time with their partner and relationship itself. I am no expert when it comes to love problems so I really don't know what's the best thing to say to them. So I chose to just be the LISTENER. Yeah, the soundboard, the shock-absorber, the shoulder-to-cry-on. Sometimes I do give my two-cents regarding certain things, but that doesn't mean that it's the solution to their problem. Because in reality, people with relationship problems just want someone who will listen and not someone who will judge them and shower them with sermons and advices. It's a great relief for them to have someone who will empathize with them with what they're going through, an outlet of all the emotions that they are keeping inside.

I always say that a "Thank you" is not needed after the talk. Because indeed it really is not needed. The fact that I have been trusted to know the details of the problem is a big thing in itself. Another thing, in some cases their problems become an example of what I should and should not do with my own marriage. It also validates the "love and care" that I have for my own marriage.

To all my friends who have been down lately, it's my turn now to say "thank you". Thank you for the trust...with that trust, you made me feel special. And remember, you are more than welcome to come to me...I'll listen. =)

1 comment:

  1. Congrats ! you got a nice blog, I hope you have time to visit my world www.sipedronasa.blogspot.com ,I invited a few selected people to visit my world and you are one of them,,once again
    Congrats. Thanks and more power. There are some goodies for you to explore.

    ReplyDelete