Sunday, September 13, 2009

Down He Went

Yup you've read it right, my eldest kid, kuya AJ (3y.o.), fell down from the stairs! just wanna share coz until now i still feel sad and shocked about what happened.

It happened last night, we went to my aunt's house to attend the despedida party for my uncle. i asked my tatay to look after AJ coz i'll be going upstairs to BF my bunso; my husband went out to look for another slot to park our car. knowing how hard-headed my kid is, wala nagawa si tatay when my kid followed me upstair. after a few minutes of playing, kuya told me he wanted to go downstairs already. i tod him to wait for me while i turn off the lights, electric fan and TV. so i turned my back on him, it was just a matter of seconds. and then i heard his footsteps as he goes down the stairs. i saw him reach the "corner"-part of the stairs (yung parang triangular slice ng cake ang itsura)...i was about to call his attention and tell him to wait for me...then IT happened...i saw his foot slipped that "corner portion"!!!!! i saw him tumble down the stairs...5 to 6 more steps pa un pababa. good thing was he was catched by my cousin before his head hit the floor.

I was carrying bunso that time...hindi ko alam kung ano gagawin ko. it was as if my feet were nailed on the floor, i was dumbstruck by what happened. nakagalaw na lang ako when i heard him cry. hubby got in the house, so he carried AJ...and then natulala na naman ako kase i saw his lips and his nose were profusely bleeding. the only time i moved was when my uncle handed me a towel with ice at un ang nilagay namen kay kuya. buti na lang andun sila nanay at mga titas ko...naku kung hindi baka hindi ko nakalma sarili ko. my uncle is a professional lifeguard abroad so in a way he has knowledge on first-aid and initial diagnosis on accidents. he advised us to observe kuya na lang for 8hours...kung wala naman sha irereklamong pain or anything pwede ng hindi dalin sa doctor. kua AJ didn't sustain any bump/bukol sa any part ng head nya, nor did he have any sprain/bali. ung sugat lang sa lips at loob ng nose talaga.

It's now 19hrs, after that incident...my kuya is UP and makulit pa din. i guess that's another part of his childhood and another part of parenthood that we experienced...hopefully wala na ulit mangyari na ganun...nakaka-guilty eh. it makes my husband and i wish na sana kame na lang nalaglag.

No comments:

Post a Comment